Surrounded by pastures and woodland just 2 km from Trivero, the “Santuario Nostra Signora della Brughiera” consists of two religious buildings.
Tradition has it that at the beginning of the 16th century a shepherd girl, a deaf-mute from birth, was graced with the powers of speech and hearing. Following the miraculous event, the “Antique Church” was built and after this, in the 17th century, the larger of the two buildings.
The “Antique Church”, which has a marble niche with a wooden stature of Mary (the "Madonna della Brughiera"), is at the end of the Via Crucis linking the church in Bulliana to the Sanctuary. At regular intervals along this mule track, there are 14 stations of the cross built over the years since 1833.