- The lovely beech wood at the start of the
- The roaring of the stream (Sessera) accompanying
the walkers like background music.
- The home cooking and splendid cakes at Rifugio
Piana del Ponte, an idyllic spot for hikers consisting of 3 small stone
huts, plus a bivouac.
- The tingling cool water of the stream that
flows close by the huts, instant relief for tired feet. There are also some
deep pools for bathing.
- Visit to the Argentera site, with
remains of the furnace and trip hammer of the forge.